What is the Married Persons Tax Allowance and How to Claim it? 

Want to make some easy cash? 


Stay at home parent or earn under £11,000?

Well One of the very few perks of being married these days is the ability to transfer your unused tax allowance over to your husband/wife/civil partner this can reduce the tax they pay by up to £220 in a tax year, so just over £18 a month, which don’t sound a lot but ‘every bit helps’ as Tesco say. 

The best bit is if you were eligible for Marriage Allowance in the 2015 to 2016 tax year, you can backdate your claim to 6 April 2015. So A nice little rebate worth around £220. 

To find out how much you can save check out this link here.
Marriage Allowance 
So who can apply? 

You can get the Marriage Allowance if all the following apply:

  • You’re married or in a civil partnership
  • You don’t earn anything or your income is under £11,000 
  • Your partner’s income is between £11,001 and £43,000

To apply it’s simple to do online but you do need quite a bit of information like your 

  • National Insurance numbers,    
  • The last 4 digits of the account that your child benefit, tax credits or pension is paid into,
  • The last 4 digits of an account that pays you interest,
  • Details from your P60,
  • Details from any of your 3 most recent payslips. 

Everything is explained in this link here
Let us know if you apply or if you already have and have received a nice rebate. 
All information taken from http://www.gov.uk

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s